Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excelent excelent is offline

Default Alternative for "IF" condition

There are som other solutions to ur problem, but not sue if they fix it
cus the formating of what u wrote confusing me
feel free to send me a sample-sheet then ill try figure it out

"Nandu" skrev:

I need a formula for the following scenario

GROUP TYPE "A" AMOUNT "B" AMOUNT WHERE

A C 2 0 C
CUT 2
B P 0 3 P
PASTE 3

this is the way i work with my work sheet
the formula i hav been using till now is
=IF(AND(A9="A",B9="C"),G9.IF(AND(A9="A",B9="P"),G1 0,0))
I use this formula under "A" AMOUNT considering the row as 9.
and the same for the "B" AMOUNT jut by placing "B" at the place of "A" in
the formula.
But the problem here is I am able to use this formula only for 7 functions.
But now i am having about 35 functions and i am unabel to use this formula.
Can u please suggest me the alternative function and syntax.
(can i use LOOKUP for this)
Please reply me.
thank u.