Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how can I clear the list of past headers used?

The only ones you have easy control over are any Custom headers/footers that may
be current. These are not saved in the regular header/footer dialogs.

The regular ones are Excel's default and cannot be removed without a lot of
changes to your Registry like Registered Owner's name and/or organization and
new workbooks only would be affected.

You can change the user name found at ToolsOptionsGeneral but this will affect
only new workbooks

Existing workbooks are stuck with the regular defaults you started with.

You could copy your data to a new workbook and save/send that with your changes
as above.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:00:02 -0700, saab wrote:

I would like to clear the list of headers used in the past that show up in
the drop down menu. The reason I would like to do this is I am sending a
spreadsheet to a client and I don't need him reading all the headers I have
used in the past.

Any help is appreciated.