Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default custom number formats

I have a table of data which I need to get into Access in a certain format.
One column of data is giving me trouble.

This column of data is formatted with a custom format, 0000000000. (10
zeroes). I want to change the format of these cells to text, so that if the
text string shown in the cell is, say, 0000037009, then the value shown in
the formula bar when that cell is selected shows 0000037009.

Sounds simple, right? Well, when I select this cell and apply the text
format to it, the leading zeroes are chopped off. It becomes: 37009.

Any thoughts?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.