Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
The Inquirer The Inquirer is offline

Default How to chart

Thanks Jon.

I didn't know about the Analysis Toolpak - this is going to be a great help
and time saver when it comes to charting my data.

I still have a problem, however, in splitting the records of each
appointment in to 15 minute slots. For example, one appointment has
"Appointment ref" = 00001, "Start time" = 9:00 and "End time" = 9:45.

I've now got my Bin consisting of 0:00, 0:15, 0:30, 0:45 etc, i.e. the start
time of my 15 minute timebands. My example appointment above would therefore
fall in to 3 time bands i.e. the 9:00, the 9:15, and the 9:30 timebands in my
Bin.

I appreciate that this isn't an Excel charting issue so will cross post this
in a more appropriate discussion group.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
David

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

This page shows a few ways to compile your data into plottable information:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"The Inquirer" wrote in message
Spreadsheet contains records of apointments that have taken place,
including
start and end times of appointments e.g. 12:30 pm to 17:30 pm.

Need to produce a chart that has "number of appointments" on y-axis and 15
minute timebands on x-axis. Idea is to visually demonstrate periods of
high
and low activity.

Problem I'm having is working out how many appointment instances occur for
each 15 minute timeband.