Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Is there a way to...

Couple of things to try:

Select the *entire* range of data entry.
With the focus in the top left cell, simply key in and hit enter.
This goes down a column, then over ... by default.

You could use <Tab instead of <Enter to go across, and then down.

To change the direction of <Enter:
<Tools <Options <Edit tab,
And change "Move Selection After Enter"

ALSO, you might try:
Without selecting your range, you could start your data entry using <Tab.
And at the end of the particular row,
Hit <Enter to move the focus down one row, directly under the cell where
you first used the <Tab key.

--

HTH,

RD

"caviking" wrote in message
How do I mark the end of a spreadsheet? I want the cursor to jump down one
row and over to the first column instead of keep moving to the right and out
of my six cell spreadsheet. I am trying to simplify data entry by avoiding
take the hand of the 10 key pad. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.