Dark Horse

and where do I enter this, and how?
I'm an almost complete beginner, and some of the solutions offered seem to
be taking longer than doing it by hand - and are far more complicated.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:03:50 -0000, "Dark Horse"
wrote:

The data is as John Conroy (IRE) and James Edgar (USA) all down one
column - and I'd like it to look like John Conroy and James Edgar, the

same
as it began but without the brackets and suffix. There are no numbers or
special characters whatsoever involved in this column, just text.

If there is only one <space between the end of the name and the first
parenthesis, then:

=LEFT(A1,FIND(" (",A1)-1)

If there are a variable number of spaces, then perhaps:

=TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(" (",A1)))

might work. However, if there is more than one space between any of the

names,
TRIM will remove these, also.

--ron