Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
The Inquirer The Inquirer is offline

Default Splitting appointment records in to 15 minute time bands

I have a problem trying to split the records of my spreadsheet, an example of
a line being: -

Appointment ref Start time End time
------------------- ----------- ----------
00001 9:00 9:45.

I want to split this in to time bands of 15 minutes i.e. the above would
become: -

Appointment ref Start time End time
------------------- ----------- ----------
00001 9:00 9:15
00001 9:15 9:30
00001 9:30 9:45

The idea is to then count the number of appointments that occur in each 15
minute slot i.e. my example appointment above would fall in to 3 time bands,
the 9:00, the 9:15, and the 9:30 timebands. Data will then be charted to
demonstrate the periods of high and low activity over a 24 hour period.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards,
David