Dark Horse

That solution leaves IRE) and takes out what I want.
Else it takes the first ( out and shifts the rest into a separate column
which is easy to delete but still leaves the space after the name which is
as if I hadn't changed a thing.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Another way is to use data|text to columns.
Delimited by (
(Only if it isn't used in the actual name)

Then choose to skip (do not import) that field.

Dark Horse wrote:

The data is as John Conroy (IRE) and James Edgar (USA) all down one
column - and I'd like it to look like John Conroy and James Edgar, the

same
as it began but without the brackets and suffix. There are no numbers or
special characters whatsoever involved in this column, just text.

"JMay" wrote in message

Showing a couple examples will insure a more specific suggestion.
Is the data 1234567(IRE) or ABCDEFG(IRE) for example?
What you want it to look like afterwards? $12,345.67 and/or

Abcdefg??

"Dark Horse" wrote in message
I download a list of data each day, and a lot of it comes with a

suffix
in
brackets showing the country of origin of the piece of data - (IRE)

as
an
example.
Because of the suffix, my data doesn't recognise the two things as

the
same
so I end up having to remove all the suffixes by hand.
Is there any way of accomplishing this in a neater and quicker way?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Dave

--