Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Copying data based on a condition

Venturing some thoughts ..

Assume source data in Sheet1, cols A to F from row1 down
where col F = names (names listed are assumed unique)

Then in another sheet, if the names are listed in A1 down
we could put in B1:
=IF(A1="","",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,MATCH($A1,Sheet1!$F: $F,0)))
Copy B1 across to F1, then fill down to populate the required info from
Sheet1's cols A to E.
--
Max
Singapore
"aheintz57" wrote:
I need to have excel automatically copy data based on a name

Example

User Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4 Name

So if a name is equal to "me" I need it to copy the entire line (information
from user to data4).