Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default end - start less one hour for lunch

"mochamichelle" wrote in message
I have gotten some great tips from this forum and have been to the site
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm which was very helpful.
But - can someone give me the quick and painless way to calculate the
difference in time less one hour (lunch).
I am currently using =E9-C9+(C9E9) and formatted it to [h]:mm:ss , then
having a cell next door to it to calculate it into decimal hours (F9*24-1)
really...
but how do I get that (-1 hour) into the cell that calculates the
hours/minutes? I have tried tagging a -1:00 on the end or just a -1 but I
get the ole #VALUE error.

=E9-C9+(C9E9)-TIME(1,0,0)
or
=E9-C9+(C9E9)-1/24