Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default LOOKUP FORMULA

Assume Item Numbers are in column A on both sheets, and Prices in
column B, and that you have a header row on both sheets so that the
data starts in row2. Assume you want to bring data from Sheet1 into
Sheet2. Enter this formula into B2 of Sheet2:

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A$2:B$500,2,0)

This is set up for 500 rows of data in Sheet1 - adjust to suit, then
copy the formula down column B for as many items as you have in column
A.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Lindsay wrote:
Okay I have two seperate sheets. Ineed a formula that will look at the item
number in both sheets and return a valua from one to the other for the same
item number. Make sense. I am trying to reference the price from one list
to another list without manually entering them because both sheets do not
contain exactly the same item numbers. Thanks