Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eulie-Denver Eulie-Denver is offline

Default Excel-only average cells if two cells in same row, meet two co

Thank you for taking time to help. The solution from Bob Philips worked for
me.
Eulie

"Marcelo" wrote:

hi Eulie,

I'm not sure if I understand exactly you are looking for, but try it:

=sumproduct(--(b2:b100="ORD")*(c1:c100="MIA"),(a1:a100))/sumproduct((--(b2:b100="ORD")*(c1:c100="MIA"))

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Eulie-Denver" escreveu:

I want to average only some of the values in a column, based on tests on
other cells in the same row.

For example:
Suppose I have numeric values in A1:A10 and alpha characters in columns
B1:B10 and C1:C10.
If the value in cell B1="ORD" and the value in cell C1="MIA" then use the
numeric value in cell A1 in the average. If these two conditions are not
TRUE then treat cell A1 as blank.
I want this same check to apply to each row.
So I want to average only the An cells that meet this condition.

Can anyone help me code this function?