Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Matching - V Lookups

Look for blank characters padded at the end of the name... "Smith" and "Smith
" are not the same thing and a Vlookup will return nothing...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

I'm Matching two files based on last name. I've made sure the last names in
each file are properly formatted (proper function - first letter capped) and
the last names in each file are sorted ascending and located in column A.
When I look at the two files I see obvious matches just by glancing through
it, but the V lookups are showing none.

I've done hundreds of these things............could someone please tell me
whats wrong

thanks