Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
[email protected] brujolito@gmail.com is offline

Default Deleting pictures in Excel using visual basic

I have written a visual basic module to insert pictures from a list
contained in a worksheet. I have figured out how to delete the picture
when I load the next picture. For this I need to know the picture
number.

My problem is the indexing or the picture number. The number of shapes
ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count doesn't change But the picture number does
increment. I am using workaround by updating the picture number in a
cell on the active sheet BUT this is a kluge! More importantly, I will
be using this to display a large number of images [1000s 100000s]. I
don't know wheter there is an upper limit, but it would be cleaner if
the pic number always reset.

I am using Excel 2004 for the MAC [OSX]

Thanks

Brujolito