Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Re-occuring dates in excel cells

Here's a modified formula from an old Leo Heuser post that should work for
the first Monday of each month..........

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)+MOD(10-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),2)),7)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Curtis Kitchens" wrote:

YES THAT HELPED THANK YOU. I seem to only half understand the equation so
could you please let me know if the following 3 extra examples are possible?

1. Re-occure every Tuesday
2. Re-occure every other Thursday
3. Re-occure the first Monday (not a specific date) of each Month.

Thank you so much.

"CLR" wrote:

Maybe something along these lines.........

=IF(DAY(A1)<=15,DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),15),DATE(Y EAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,15))

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Curtis Kitchens" wrote:

Howdy:

I'd like to add a date into an excel cell that is re-occuring just like you
can in the outlook calander. An example of what I want to accomplish is this:

I'm making a bill pay worksheet for myself, and I want to add "due dates"
into some cells. If a bill is due for example on the 15th of each month then
I want for the date to read 10/15/06 until 10/16/06 when at that point the
cell will repopulate the date to read 11/15/06.

In outlook you have the ability to customize this function in calander to a
high degree. In other words every other Thursday or Every other 1st of the
month, or Every weekday, etc.. If anybody can tell me how to accomplish this
in excel I would appreciate it.

Thank you,