Gabriele

Default How do I format cells to a specific number of digits?

I am trying to format a column so I can enter 5 digits only. It has between 5
and 7 digit numbers in it right now and I need to delete the remaining ones.
It is about 350 numbers, so it would be a lot of work to go into each cell
and delete the remaning numbers. Is therea way I can format the whole column
to allow 5 digits? The same happened with letters. I had codes in it that
consisted of numbers and letters and the client only wants the first two
letters to remain. How can it be formatted so only 2 characters are allowed
to keep me from having to enter each cell separately?