Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Karen McKenzie Karen McKenzie is offline

Default Counta function question

Hi Dave,

There will be no non-blank entries in the column showing result. The
entries in this column are not in number format hence I thought of counta.
The range will vary depending on how many lines of data there are between
each occurance of "result"

"Dave F" wrote:

How about =COUNT(range)-COUNTBLANK(range) This subtracts the count of blanks
from the total count in the range, which, by implication, gives you the
number of non-blank entries.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Karen McKenzie" wrote:

I have an extract of data that shows detail by item, then an overall result.
I want to use the counta function to count the number of non blank entries
between each entry called result ie:

Equipment Amount Count
21053 192.35
21064 207.30