Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DonF DonF is offline

Default Naming cell ranges, copying formulas for a range & nesting "IF" fu

Please bear with me! I'm brand new to both Excell and spreadsheets in general.

1) I am trying to name a column range, as in "pay_amt=(C8:C12)" I've gone
through the; InsertName(Create | Define |Apply) processes to create this
name range, but to no avail. Two of the ranges I've tried to build are
(cur_pay and sup_pay_amt)

2) Part two of the problem is a driviative of #1.

I want use a nested "IF" function to evalue the column range named
"cur_pay". I set up the function like this:

=IF(cur_pay=(68),sup_pay_amt=(68-10),=IF(cur_pay=(136),sup_pay_amt=(136-20).........

I've also tried using the function drop-down menu to create the test and
post the dollar amount. So far, I've spent 3 days trying to figure this two
realted (for me anyway) issues. I need to make five tests and if they all
fail, I need to post an "Invalid Entry" text message as the final
value_IF_False

I've worn out both the help section and the Excell for dummies.
Appearently, I now qualify as a dummy!

--
Don