Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TXlibrarian TXlibrarian is offline

Default Can Excel allow data entry and calculate in the same cell?

Thanks for the tip, Dave, but I already tried adjusting the iteration. The
problem is that, even though iteration is set to "1", entering data into the
cell overwrites the formula. Maybe I need to do a function? If so, I have
no idea where to begin. I want to be able to enter new data in a cell
without erasing the formula. Any other ideas?

Marco

- - - - - - -

"Dave F" wrote:

Sounds like you're asking if Excel can do circular references. See here for
some info:
http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...eferences.html

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"TXlibrarian" wrote:

I want a column to allow me enter numerical data and then - within the same
cell - have it calculate a sum (the number just entered in the cell plus a
number entered in a different column). Is that possible?