Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
roadkill roadkill is offline

Default Pivot Refrest with New Data?

Thanks, Ron. The named range works great.
Will

PS
As for the earlier suggestion about just needing for the data to be
contiguous - as mentioned in my initial email, I tried that and only the data
in the original range is refreshed. Nothing outside that range is included -
contiguous or not.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

If
the pivot table and the source data are in the same workbook
and
the pivot table does not include new source data rows when they are added

Then
you might consider basing your pivot table on a Dynamic Named Range.

A Dynamic Named Range automatically expands and contracts based on the
number of records in the data....No VBA programming necessary.

For instructions, see Debra Dalgleish's website:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html#Dynamic

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"roadkill" wrote:

I have a file, including a pivot table, that I would like to use as a
"template" without having to regenerate the pivot table each time. In other
words, I would like to add to the data or replace the data and then just do
the equivalent of a refresh on the pivot table. Is this possible? From what
I've seen, the pivot table is locked into a certain range so if new data
doesn't fit the old range, portions of the data can be ignored. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Will