Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sbellybutton sbellybutton is offline

Default get the VLOOKUP function to return the "contents" of a cell?

I also need to know how to get the correct contents if there are letters and
numbers in all both col.s of sourse and table...

"sbellybutton" wrote:

I tried both formulas and recieved the same answer then notices the numbers
in col.A are not alligned the same as the numbers in col.A on the table
sheet! Feeling retarded HELP

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe

=vlookup(b1,sheet2!a1:c216,2,false)
and copy down the column

Debra Dalgleish has some notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())

sbellybutton wrote:

=VLOOKUP(B1:B730,Sheet2!A1:C216,2,1) returns #N/A. What am I doing wrong?
Row1 of my table is #s and row2 is letters. I need the 730 cells in rowB to
equal what is in my table! Help.

--

Dave Peterson