Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BNick BNick is offline

Default Refreshing external data breaks sorting of function columns

Using Excel 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh

I have a 7-column table. The first 5 columns are imported/linked from an
Access databsse. The 6th column contains some constants (entered manually,
post-import); the last column contains functions.

Sorting works as expected until I refresh the data. Upon refresh, columns
1-5 preserve their sorting; columns 6 and 7 stick together, but get sorted
seemingly randomly. I don't recall having this problem in Excel 2003. Is
this a bug that somebody knows about, or am I missing something?