Dave R.

This is just my opinion, but I think there maybe some truth in it. Why else
would Microsoft have a default workbook containing 3 worksheets...

Generally it's advised to have more than one spreadsheet in a workbook. The
reason for this is that viruses can infect workbooks, and the damage done by
the virus is often less severe if it spreads over numerous worksheets rather
than "focusing" (if you will) on one. You will generally lose less data if,
god forbid, a virus finds its way into the workbook. This is why Microsoft
ships Excel with a 3 worksheet workbook. Legally, they are trying to protect
themselves from lawsuits for lost data.

Hope this helps.

"Excel" wrote in message
I am doing this for computer applications and trying to get all my work

done
by CST time! I need to fine out about Spreadsheets.