Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default what is the little black triangle in the upper left corner of a cell

Those are error-checking indicators.

Does not necessarily mean you have errors, just inconsistencies that Excel
flags.

See the options at ToolsOptionsError-checking.

You can turn it off or just let it flag specific "errors".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 07:59:12 -0500, "FireBrick" wrote:

After installing Excel and creating a spreadsheet. I find little black
triangles in the upper left corner of some cells.
The equations are working correctly and I can't seem to ask the correct
question in the help module to find out what they mean and to eliminate
them.

Please and thank you!