Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Time sheets and hours

Format Column C to General or Number, and use this formula:

=(B1-A1)*24

If you anticipate that you might cross midnight, where the end time is less
then the start time, try this instead which works for *all* cases:

=MOD(B1-A1,1)*24

--
HTH,

RD

"Jaytee" wrote in message
I set up a timecard for myself, in which I input a start and end time, and
through subtraction, arrive at a number of hours worked.
A B C
1 9:00 AM 5:00 PM 8.00
2 8:30 AM 5:00 PM 8.30
3 TOTAL: 16.30

Trouble is I get funky totals, because, I suspect, the C column is giving
times instead of a number of hours. So it's adding 8:00 am to 8: 30 AM and
telling me I only worked a half hour. Any ideas? The total should be total
hours worked.