Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default Average Function and dynamic cell address

=AVERAGE(OFFSET(A1,,,B1))

Cells start in A1 and the number of rows to be averaged is in cell B1

Regards

Trevor

"spartanmba" wrote in message
I am sure this is an easy answer for some of you, but I am not sure how to
do
this...thanks for your help in advance.

I have an average formula that I would like to dynamically change the
number
of rows it averages. For example if I have 25 cells of data, but the user
only wants ten rows for their work. I would have them enter into a cell
the
number of points that want averaged and the average formula would
dynamically
adjust based upon their entry. I know I need to dynamically create an
address (row and column) information for the forumla, but I am totally
lost
on how to do this.

THANKS again!
John