Default Disappearing Text Boxes

Hello,
I have searched this subject, and it has been answered a few times, but I
still am not getting good results. I am using office 2000 and office 2002,
and it happens in both. I have created charts and have text boxes on the
charts. I have done it both with the drawing tool and by clicking on the
chart and entering my text in the formula bar. But my text boxes keep
disappearing and reappearing. Sometimes they all appear if I click off the
chart, sometimes they disappear when I click of the chart. Then there are
some that are always there. If I click where I think the check box used to
be, it reappears again. I am also using the charts in a powerpoint
presentation and the disappearing text boxes never show in the powerpoint
presentation, but the ones that never disappear show up in PP. Why is it
doing this....What am I doing wrong? I am ready to pull my hair out....