Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default VLOOKUP function returning data from ranges

rayteach wrote:
I want to use a VLOOKUP function to find data in a table that includes
ranges. Example:

# of tables Cost per table
1 - 19 $50.00
20 - 39 $45.00

If I then type 26 in a cell, $45.00 would appear. I can then have a simple
multiplication formula in the next cell to calculate total cost.

--
ray

Hi Ray,

If the leftmost column of the lookup table only showed the upper limit
of the range (19, 39 etc) then you could use =INT(A1/20)*20 + 19 (where
the value in A1 is the lookup value) to convert the lookup value to the
appropriate range upper limit. You could include and hide a column of
range upper limit values.

Ken Johnson