Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith Fred Smith is offline

Default Correct FORMULA NEEDED PLEASE

Why are you deleting H5? What do you mean "each month that is added". How are
you adding this information -- by extending the range?

Wouldn't a simple solution be to replace H5, rather than add and delete?

Fred

"Need Help" wrote in message
I am dividing the total numbers within those cells for example

H5-F12 will represent 30
M5-M12 will represent 774628

30 X 200000/774628 = 7.7
Each month that is added the number will change but when I use this formula
and I delete the H5 all the information changes in each cell. How can I stop
this from happening?

Thanks

"Pete_UK" wrote:

What are you trying to do by dividing with M5:M12 ? Does this mean
divide by the sum of these values? If so, try this:

=SUM(H5:H12,G5:G12,F5:F12)*200000/sum(M5:M12)

You might like to change the first part to read:

=SUM(F5:H12)*200000/sum(M5:M12)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Need Help wrote:
Hi,

I am using the following formula:

=SUM(H5:H12,G5:G12,F5:F12)*200000/M5:M12

The formula is giving me the wrong answer. Is this the correct formula?
What
I am trying to achieve is continuos information for a rolling 12 months.
When
I add another month all the information will change to the most current
with
the formula used above. Please help.

Thanks in advance