Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
azbull azbull is offline

Default Problematic chart issues in Excel 2007

Post title: Problematic chart issues in Excel 2007
Post date: 9/29/06
MS office version: (12.0.4017.1004) MSO (12.0.4017.1003) BETA.
Program: Excel
Problem: Excel appears to have some issues with chart/graph function. This
new version will not display or maintain Chart settings . If I change the
chart type the changes do not always appear or appear wrong. The whole chart
function in Beta version appears to have some serious issues. I am using same
machine that has had Office XP (2002) and Office 2003 running without these
problems. Only possible thing I can think of is the fact that I am having
Excel default to saving files in Excel-97-2003 version (*.xls) and therefore
can see a possible problem when one reopens a file. However, the problem is
there even before saving the file. Does Excel somehow know that since the
file is an *.xls not a *.xlsx limit the graphing possibilities while you are
actually working on the file?
Background: I have been using excel to process and graph data for over ten
(10) years and feel I know what I am doing.