Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How can I check a cell for current date and insert it if blank

Actually, I didn't give any instructions. I wrote a macro. Copy/paste into a
macro module and assign to a button or a worksheet event. You may want to
designate the cell to use
with range("a1")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Don K" wrote in message
Hello DOn,

I appologize, but I'm pretty new to this and don't understand your
instructions

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sub insertdate()
With ActiveCell
If Not IsDate(.Value) Then .Value = Date
End With

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Don K" <Don
wrote in message
I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that
checks
the date cell for the current date. If a date occupies the cell nothing
happens, otherwise, the current date is inserted. Can this be done?

Thanks
Don