Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
saraht saraht is offline

Default how to group a pivot table

My sales guys want to see MTD, YTD and LY columns for their sales data.

I have a database which indicates the month of the sale and the sales amount
and a pivot table which shows the summary. I can group by month and year,
then for last year, I hide the detail which gives me LY sales total. For the
current year, if I hide the detail I can get the YTD number, but not the MTD
number. If I show the detail, I can see the MTD, but can't get a YTD total.

Is there a way to get just 3 columns: MTD, YTD and LY?