Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Pivot Refrest with New Data?

The pivot table toolbar has a refresh button on it--it looks like an
exclamation point. Just make sure that the data you add to your pivot table
range is contiguous with the initial range.

Example: if your initial range ends at row 50, enter new data in row 51, not
row 52.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"roadkill" wrote:

I have a file, including a pivot table, that I would like to use as a
"template" without having to regenerate the pivot table each time. In other
words, I would like to add to the data or replace the data and then just do
the equivalent of a refresh on the pivot table. Is this possible? From what
I've seen, the pivot table is locked into a certain range so if new data
doesn't fit the old range, portions of the data can be ignored. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Will