Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Selective Autofilter Application

You're welcome, and thanks for letting me know that it worked for you.

The other suggestions should work for adjacent columns, but not for
non-adjacent columns.

David McRitchie's site has an introduction to macros:

Maurice wrote:
Hi Debra,

Finally, some advice that actually works !. Thank you ever so kindly, it is
much apreciated. In the absense of any easier method, I will simply continue
to use the macro you provided.

PS. I still haven't been able to determine why the other advise given, did
not work. This seems such a simple function, or perhaps not ? Is there
something wrong my end, or is it a case that MS Excel simply do not possess
the required functionality. Surely I can't be the first person to have this
particular need.

Anyway, many thanks again for resolving my problem. Wish there was a
resource where I could learn more about writing a macro.

Kind regards
Maurice

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

You can apply an AutoFilter to the entire table, then hide some arrows
with programming. For example, the following code leaves arrows visible
only on columns 2, 3 and 7.

'======================
Sub HideSomeArrows()
'hide some autofilter arrows
Dim c As Range
Dim i As Integer
i = Cells(1, 1).End(xlToRight).Column
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each c In Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, i))
Select Case c.Column
Case 2, 3, 7
c.AutoFilter Field:=c.Column, _
Visibledropdown:=True
Case Else
c.AutoFilter Field:=c.Column, _
Visibledropdown:=False
End Select
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Maurice wrote:

When I apply the autofilter funtion, it does so accross all existing columns
of my worksheet. Is it possible to apply this functionality to only a few
selected columns, and how do I go about it ?

Kind regards

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures