Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
marshall marshall is offline

Default how do I get the comma delimited feature to work in excel

I can open it in notepad but I do not understand how to tell if what the
separator value is. It opens up but still just list eveything together.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You say that you've checked that the list separator in the regional settings
on the machine in question is set to comma. Have you also used Notepad or
some other text editor to see what the separator in your csv file is?
--
David Biddulph

"marshall" wrote in message
okay. I checked that earlier but it was already set to comma. this is
getting very frustrating. I am sure it is something easy ....but