Nicole L.

THanks - that SHOULD work but how can I remove the negative (-)?
I think there must be some other way, some formula... like an IF, then
statement. Do you know of something like that?
Thanks

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Nicole L. wrote...
I have a cell (G1) that is the sum or some other calculation of other

cells
(SUM(C1:F1))...
What formula do I use to say that IF that calculation turns out to be

negative, I'd like a word added, such as "overage" or something?

If you just want negative numbers to display differently, use a custom
number format. Format Cells, Number tab, select Custom from the
Category list, then in the type field enter

#,##0;-#,##0" overage";0;@