Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Formula starts =+(cell reference)

"chaunceycupoo" wrote in message
Can anyone provide a detailed explanation of what it means when a formula
is
input into a cell with the addition sign immediately after the =.

Examples: =+a1, =+C:\Excel\[WB]Sheet1!A1, =+L187+(Q213), =+Sum(A1:A33)

I inherited several spreadsheets that I am revising that use this
convention
and I can't seem to find any information on what it means other then a
note
in Excel for Dummies stating this means you want to make the value
"explicitly positve"

Does anyone have more information on this. Thanks in advance for any help.

It's probably a relic from Lotus, or otherwise someone who doesn't
understand.
--
David Biddulph