Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default Changing 1234.00- to -1234.00 automatically

You have the undying gratitude from everyone in my department! The macro
works perfectly. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
--
Thank you, Lisa

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Apologies for not stating the this feature under Text to Columns was introduced
in Excel 2002.

The macro will work in all versions.

Gord

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:45:01 -0700, Lisa wrote:

Thank you. This looked so easy, unfortunately when I went to the advanced
step, my only two choices were decimal separator or thousands separator with
drop down answers. There was nothing that said "trailing minus sign for
negative numbers" I tried both with delimited text and fixed width. Work
computers have excel 2000... would this be the issue?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP