The Chad

Thanks Debra!! This works great!

I see the link to John Walkenbach's site includes the code for a VBA macro
that automates the process. I tried to create the module using the code but
got a "Run-time error '438' Object doesn't support the property or method"
error message. Do you (or anyone else) have an idea about how I should fix
that? I would love to use the VBA macro but cant seem to get the macro to
run without that error.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

To reorganize the data, you can use the "unpivot' technique described by
John Walkenbach:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm

Then, sort by the Value column, and delete rows that don't contain an X.
Delete the Value column, and add your headings to the other columns.

The Chad wrote:
Hello everyone, this has been driving me crazy so want to see if any of you
have suggestions:

I have a grid in an Excel worksheet formatted like this:
Company A Company B Company C
Service 1 X X
Service 2 X X
Service 3 X X

I need to convert this data to a list that maps the Services to the
Companies like this:
Services Companies
Service 1 Company A
Service 1 Company C
Service 2 Company A
Service 2 Company B
Service 3 Company B
Service 3 Company C

I cant seem to find a good way to do this.
Any ideas??? Thanks all!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List