Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Gooda Paul Gooda is offline

Default Excel workbook is corrupted, workbook automatically saves on start

Hi Guys,

I have a group of users whos speadsheets seem to get corrupted quite often.
The offending sheets cannot be opened in excel, it hangs at the start of
opening the file,cpu goes upto 100% and just sits there almost like its in a
loop.

The file can be opened in excel viewer. I notice that the workbook also
changes the modified date in explorer as soon as its opened? If I use any
excel workbooks I have, the modified date is only changed when I save the
document,

Any ideas as to why the modified date is being changed on opening? I think
this could be what is causing the corruption.

Thanks in Advance for your help