Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anthony D Anthony D is offline

Default Variance

Hi,

A warning can be constructed in another cell, say in b1:

=IF(OR(A1(1.2*a2),A1<(0.8*a2)),A1&" !",A1)

Or it would be possible to use conditional formatting on cell a1.
With a1 selected, Format, Conditional Formatting ... ,
Cell Value Is not between =a2*1.2 =a2*0.8
Format... Font, Border, Patterns

Anthony

"FreddieP" wrote:

Hi, I would like to get a waring in a ell that if one cell has a higer OR
lower value than another specific cell (decided by me).

I want to use percent to specify the variance. If cell A1 differs up OR down
from cell A2 with more than 20% I want it to return lets say a "!".
/FReddie