Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Morjana Coffman Morjana Coffman is offline

Default Automatic updating for text boxes used on Charts

One of my supervisors has asked for me to design a new chart for an ongoing
project (that will be updated weekly), where a formula based on one only
column of data (that is linked from another spreadsheet) is reflected on a
Chart (currently) by creating text boxes and typing in the result. He would
like this to be automatically done each time the master spreadsheet is
updated.

The primary info is:

Level I 52 0.21
Level II 171 6.50
Level III 68 5.78
Level IV 8 1.55

The second column is the data linked from the master spreadsheet, and the
second column is a fixed formula (i.e., b1*0.4%).

My supervisor only wants the data shown on a bar graph, and the formula
results as text on each bar.

I've tried pasting the formula into the text box, and it won't accept it.

I searched Microsoft's site, and on the internet, and haven't found a
resolution as yet.

I would appreciate any suggestions or assistance.

Thank you!

Morjana