Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChrisHodds ChrisHodds is offline

Default Simple lookup - or maybe not so simple - help!

Hi,

I am putting together a very simple worksheet for some sales tracking
and I have hit a bit of a road block when I am trying to utilise the
Lookup and Index functions.

I want to be able to pick the type of sale in 1 Coolum from a drop down
list (have this list working ok). Depending on which option is chosen
(5 possible options), I want to populate a cell with the cost data
relating to that particular product. I have tried IF statements (which
are fine if I only had 1 option) and HLOOKUP - example below but I'm
defiantly missing something.

=INDEX($O$2:$P$7, MATCH("NVQ",$O$2:$O$7,), MATCH("Cost",$O$2:$P$2,))

Any help would be much appreciated!

Chris