Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard Richard is offline

Default Help with formula

Thanks for your help!!!

"Kevin B" wrote:

Look up IS functions in Excel Help, there's an ISNUMBER or an ISTEXT, as well
as other "IS" functions that you can use to evaluate the return value of the
formula in cell F1
--
Kevin Backmann

"Richard" wrote:

=OR($F$1=5,$O$1=5000)The problem with this formula working is the formula in
cell F1 is being read as text (I think) and I need it to read as numerac.
Example: The cells that I need are selected and conditional formatted to
change to red if these criteria are met. If a 5 is in cell F1 or 5000 in cell
O1, The O1 cell works fine because it is a mumeric value but cell F1 has
=DATEDIF(A40,TODAY(),"M")&" months " which renders it not working. Any
suggestion as to reading F1 as a numeric value without changing this formula
in cell F1. Thanks in Advance