Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default =IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11)) - doesn't work

What cell are you referring to when you say "I want the cell to remain
blank"? Is it a cell that is in your formula? If so, then you are getting a
circular reference error.

If not, then what's the specific error you're getting?

Another thing to check is whether you have your workbook set to manual or
automatic calculation. To check this, go to Tools, Options, Calculation, and
select automatic calculation, and then close the dialogue box.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"japc90" wrote:

=IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11))

This formula is not working and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I
want the cell to remain blank and not show an error message when the
related cells are blank. It is blank when the other cells are empty but
it stays blank even when I enter values into the other cells.

Probably a simple fix but I can't get it to work.

All help is appreciated. Thank you.