Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
plf100 plf100 is offline

Default Multiple conditions for conditional formatting

Hi Kostis,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not much use with macros so would be happy for
your help. I'd like to have the following four conditions:

1. If the cell says "Dev, on" then the background should be e.g. green
2. If the cell says "Dev, off" then the background should be e.g. blue
3. If the cell says "Imp, on" then the background should be e.g. yellow
4. If the cell says "Imp, off" then the background should be e.g. red.

Many thanks for any help.
P.

"vezerid" wrote:

P.,
if it is only 4 then you can use the cell's standard format for one of
the phrases and conditional formatting for the remaining three.

If this does not help then you will need VBA. A Worksheet_Change macro,
which will automatically apply the format if the cell changes. For a
full code write back if the suggestion does not suit you, with the
formatting changes you want in each of the 4 cases.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides