Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hayeso Hayeso is offline

Default Problem with MS Query in Excel

Not sure where to post this question. but here goes...

The problem that I have has to do with using Microsoft Query (launched in MS
Excel)with a "Microsoft ODBC for ORACLE" connection.
Whereas I can connect to this using SQLPLUS, I cannot connect to it from
Excel...Data ...Import Data....New Database Query.

I get an error message box which contains a yellow Exclamation mark icon as
well as another Exclamation mark as text. No Other text is in the message box.

This has happened on several computers in my Org and can generally be fixed
by reinstalling ORACLE client.

I would dearly like to know what I need to set in ORACLE to avoid having to
reinstall it.