Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul paul is offline

Default Set up costing sheet for multiple component recipe.

if you link all your ingredients to a seperate pricing sheet,then you only
have to change it in one place instead of up to 200.And as ingredients are
bought,suppliers change etc,the price list can always be kept p to date to
keep track of costs
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Jackam" wrote:

Hi,
We are a small business and do our costings on an excel spreadsheet. We have
a list of ingredients with costs and these are matched up with quantity to
work out total costs. We have 200+ recipes and this is very messy -
especially if ingredient prices change. If we use a data link to a single
ingredient cost file, I would think this will also be cumbersome? Is there an
easier way and is there a template I can start with?
We also set up a costing in Access, but we need to make changes to batch
sizes for production and this is best doen in excel