Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Getting the sum of the same cell in defferent exel sheets.

Insert a new sheet at beginning of sheets. Name it "First"....no quotes

Insert a new sheet at end of sheets. Name it "Last"........no quotes.

On any sheet enter this formula

=SUM(First:Last!(D29)

This will SUM all D29's on all sheets between First and Last.

When inserting any more new sheets make sure they are between First and Last.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:56:01 -0700, Anakin7279
wrote:

I am working on a big excel sheet, and I am kinda new at it. How can I get a
sum of the values on 45 different excel sheets? I can only get the sum of
about 15 sheets for so before it says that my formulat is too long. Here is
an example of the formula: =SUM('Service Invoice (45)'!D29+'Service Invoice
(44)'!D29)
I need to get the sum of cell D29 from sheets 1-45.

thanks for your help