Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default displaying a formula's answer into a separate cell

In your source w/sheet, select column with combined names, then do
Copy=Paste Special= Values which will "convert" the formulae to text. You
can then copy/paste to your second w/sheet.

HTH

" wrote:

Hello, I'm having a problem with combining strings, basically I will
have two cells with names that will be combined so I did the

=a1 & " " & a2

assuming that a1 is first name and a2 is second name,
then what I am trying to do is copy the full name over to a different
spreadsheet
but when I copy that cell over, it just copies the formula... :(

So the only thing I can think of is making the formula output to a
different cell that is formated to text, then I can copy that cell over
to the other spreadsheet..... Of course I'm probably going about this
all wrong and I'm sure that there is a more simple method...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..